Quickflix (www.quickflix.com.au) is Australia’s leading online movie company offering subscription to over 55,000 film, TV series, documentary and sporting titles from major studios such as Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, NBCUniversal, MGM and networks such as BBC, ITV and Home Box Office (HBO).
As an online media company and a subscription-based business Quickflix believes that maintaining customer confidence and its industry reputation is critical. In fact, 40 per cent of the PwC Global Economic Crime Survey 2011 stated reputational damage to be their number one fear.
Quickflix decided to:
- reduce its risk exposure,
- minimise the scope of its Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations,
- provide end-customers with a secure payment solution and
- protect its relationship with content providers
As part of an innovative and fast moving industry, Quickflix needed to maintain customer confidence in online payments whilst enabling new payment and distribution channels and conforming to specific industry standards, including managing geographical restrictions on content. The solution had to be implemented across multiple channels (Internet, mobile and Sony PlayStation®3) in both Australia and New Zealand.
The three main business processes involved in the solution were:
- Tokenisation and pre-authorisation of new credit cards
- Migration of existing credit cards to tokens
- Payments with tokens