What is a virtual terminal?
A virtual terminal (such as IP-VPOS) is a secure website which businesses can log into to process all major credit cards (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Diners). It is similar to a standard credit card terminal (that you would find in your local store), except that a virtual terminal uses a computer and a secure Internet connection to process payments.
What is IP-VPOS?
IP-VPOS is a virtual POS terminal for businesses who want to capture and process credit card payments from customers over the phone or face to face.
IP Payments’ virtual terminal provides businesses with:
- a secure and intuitive solution for Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO) sales.
- a simple solution to securely accept and process manual payments.
IP Payments’ virtual terminal is the ideal solution for billers, call centres, finance departments and trade shows as well as organisations such as:
- charities and not-for-profit organisations,
- insurance companies,
- gym and fitness organisations,
- mail order businesses,
- newspapers and magazines.
What are IP-VPOS’ benefits?
- The virtual terminal is accessible from ANY computer or mobile devices with an Internet connection.
- NO additional software is required.
- NO additional hardware is required.
- NO integration is necessary.
- Multiple staff can utilise the virtual terminal simultaneously.
- Process all major credit cards (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners and JCB)
- Simplified and automated reconciliation and reporting.
- Robust security with SSL data encryption and fully PCI-DSS level 1 compliant.
- Reduces your PCI-DSS scope and compliance efforts.
How does IP-VPOS work?
- Your customer provides their credit card information to you over the phone, in person, by mail order or by other means (fax, mail, email, SMS, etc.)
- You enter the credit card information directly into the secure virtual terminal.
- After submitting the transaction, it is securely processed by IP Payments to your bank of choice.
- You get an immediate result for the transaction (approved or declined) in the virtual terminal.
- You can then choose to email a receipt to the customer (optional).
- Once processed, you have the flexibility to search, enquire and, if required, securely refund the transaction.
- Finally, you can report and reconcile transactions with your bank account statement easily.
IP Payments’ IP-VPOS does not require any integration, software or hardware installation!
Contact us today to find out how IP-VPOS could be supporting your organisation, increasing your revenue and reducing your PCI-DSS compliance efforts.